Washington State L&I Claims Unit Supervisor in Tumwater, Washington
This opportunity is available to L&I; employees only
This job announcement represents multiple permanent and non-permanent openings
The Claims Unit Supervisor coordinates, directs and supervises the activities of Workers' Compensation Adjudicators in all functions of the assigned claims adjudication unit work.
As a Claims Unit Supervisor you'll:
- Supervise claim unit staff; assist, guide and ensure that staff provides appropriate benefits accurately, timely and efficiently. Hire, counsel and evaluate adjudicative staff. Coordinate work, monitor, and coach staff, provide technical and professional guidance.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the department's goals and objectives. You will participate in the planning and formulating of new procedures and systems to improve the quality of service provided. Understand and use Lean tools and philosophy to encourage a culture of continuous process improvement and Lean standard work.
- Serve as a technical and professional resource to staff, customers, employers, and providers on a daily basis.
- Resolve disputes by speaking to medical providers, employers, labor and other interested groups concerning the administration of benefit claims; review complex claim files and make recommendations for approval or denial of requests. Prepare direct replies and draft suggested replies for signature of managers and executives including at the director level.
Who should apply A bachelor's degree AND three years of experience in adjudication of time loss payments in a workers' or crime victims' compensation insurance program. One year of the experience must be at a Workers' Compensation Adjudicator level 3 or higher.
Four years' experience in adjudication of time loss payments in a workers' or crime victims' compensation insurance program. Two years of experience must be at a Workers' Compensation Adjudicator level 3 or higher.
Skills & Abilities
- Supervise staff; plan, prioritize, assign and evaluate work performance.
- Mentor, coach and build a high functioning team.
- Earn trust, respect and confidence of staff, co-workers, and customers.
- Professional and courteous in all interactions.
- Resolve conflicts with tact and diplomacy.
- Analytical reasoning skills to make efficient, effective decisions.
- Serve as a technical and professional resource; review claims with complex factors and anticipated costs.
- Prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
Note:The application requires a Letter of Interest that concisely describes your experience, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Mentoring and coaching people
- Working as part of a team
- Working on a special project and applying Lean process improvement efforts.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10638
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,208.00 - $5,522.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA