Washington State L&I Business Technology Services Program Manager in Tumwater, Washington
Business Technology Services Program Manager
An internal promotion created an opportunity to lead the Business Technology Services Program. Are you looking for an opportunity to use both your technology and management background? Are you a passionate leader who believes in our mission to "Keep Washington safe and working"? Do your values line up with our 5 agency goals?
- Make workplaces safe
- Help injured workers heal and return to work
- Make it easy to do business with L&I;
- Help honest workers and businesses by cracking down on the dishonest ones
- Ensure L&I; is an employer of choice. Labor & Industries is the Agency for you!!
L&I; is a diverse state agency dedicated to preventing workplace injuries and assisting Washington's 2.7 million workers recover and return to work when injuries do occur. We serve customers in 19 offices throughout Washington, and have approximately 2,800 skilled and dedicated employees.
L&I;'s Insurance Services Division is the largest division within our Agency with over 1,100 employees managing the 6th largest workers' compensation program in the nation, in addition to overseeing the work of the state's employers who self-insure. The Business Technology Services Program Manager is directly responsible for setting the strategic and tactical framework for technological development for the workers' compensation system and facilitating the shift to enterprise-based systems, while also maintaining multiple existing mission critical systems and applications. Under our new Business Transformation roadmap, L&I; will invest in a series of technology improvements over several years, taking advantage of the opportunity to simultaneously reform processes to achieve better collaboration across programs. This position will embark on a multi-biennia transformational effort to replace our legacy system and processes.
We are searching for an experienced professional with a background in both information systems management and Insurance Services operational lines of business. This position manages the division's Business Technology Program which maintains the division's technology applications and desktop support, in addition to 2 WMS Managers. This position also manages multiple statewide systems that have critical impact on the state's workers and employers. The Insurance Services Business Technology Services Program Manager has statewide management responsibility for Insurance Services technology needs including oversight of new technology projects and all activity related to the planning, development, prioritization, implementation and maintenance of the division's business systems. In addition, this position is responsible for the development and management of the division's technology-related budget and budget decision packages requesting new funds. This position is also responsible for reviewing and making recommendations on proposed project scope and application documents.
Your initial success will be measured through:
- Prioritizing and sustaining new service requests and system maintenance requests
- Ensuring Insurance Services applications and systems (50+) are operational and meeting our customers needs
- Building relationships enterprise wide
- Providing leadership oversight to Lean projects
Ability to remain calm, stay focused in a constant changing environment. Here's what we are looking for:
AA or BA degree or coursework in Public Administration, Business, or technology related field. Will allow substitution of equivalent years' work experience, PLUS
- Two or more years of supervisory experience, or at least one year of supervisory experience and two or more years as a senior technical analyst, developer or programmer
- Advanced knowledge and skills for managing the operation of multiple functional organizational units which provide critical services that are central to the agency's business purpose
- Experience managing a biennial budget of over $3M
- Experience managing multi-year projects or overseeing the technology work stream of multi-million dollar investments
- Proven experience acting as a liaison role between business and technology
- Minimum of 6 years of Information technology experience in systems or applications development and maintenance
- Advanced knowledge and skills for managing the operation of multiple functional organizational units
- Proven communicator and consensus builder
- Ability to make strategic judgements and decisions
- Experience in business planning, strategic short and long-range planning, decision making, leadership and mentoring Application Process: Please send:
- Letter of interest which clearly indicates how you meet what we're looking for
- Detailed resume Supplemental Information
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: WMS 16-18
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $6,152.00 - $9,122.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA