Washington State Information Technology Specialist 3 in Tumwater, Washington
Information Technology Specialist 3** Web Applications – Information Technology Headquarters – Tumwater, WA
*This job posting has been reopened as continuous until the position is filled. The initial review date is set for October 17, 2016. Please submit your application and all required materials before this date if you would like to be considered in the intial review. *
The Department of Corrections (DOC) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to fill the role of an Information Technology Specialist 3 (ITS3) in the Web Applications Unit, Information Technology within the Administrative Operations Division. This position is located at DOC Headquarter in Tumwater, Washington.
If you are interested in applying and would like to be considered, please apply directly at careers.wa.gov and attach the following documents:
- Current Resume (with relevant experience listed).
- Letter of Interest (no more than one (1) page, indicated how you meet the qualifications).
- Minimum of three (3) professional references (including name, phone number, and email address). Agency Profile:
The Department of Corrections is a large, multi-faceted organization responsible for administering adult corrections programs operated by the state, which includes correctional institutions as well as programs for offenders supervised in the community. We have a biennial operating budget of approximately $1.9 billion, and employ nearly 8,300 women and men dedicated to the agency's mission of improving public safety. We are at the forefront of implementing evidence-based programs proven to reduce recidivism, and have received national recognition for out efforts to make our operations and facilities more sustainable.
- Comprehensive compensation packages;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Flexible Schedules; and
- The fulfillment of public service. Duties
This position serves as a technical specialist focused on developing and supporting software applications using modern technologies of web-based applications and relational databases. The incumbent acts as a consultant/advisor to information technology management and other Department staff in the field of web-based applications. The position ensures effective implementation of IT web applications in support of the Department's mission, utilizing expert knowledge of the Department's mission and programs, as well as advanced web-based application development techniques.
Primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain software applications in support of the Department' mission.
- Interact with business analysts, software developers, software testers, project managers and end user to elicit requirements to develop and maintain software applications.
- Plan, analyze, and develop requirements for application development and enhancement.
- Develop, design, construct, and maintain software applications using department standard software namely Visual Studio, C#, .NET Framework, SQL Server, etc.
- Assist various stakeholders by providing them with information as requested.
- Design and develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Enhance applications to work with latest browser versions and utilize HTML 5 and CCS3 to become compatible with mobile browsers.
- Conduct extensive research and analysis to make recommendations regarding technical solutions to solve business problems and enhance the performance and quality of report to ITS6 and IT Management.
- Recommend, establish, and implement procedures for developing business intelligence solutions.
- Support maintenance activities pertaining to scope, objectives, estimates, unit testing, designs, and coding. Qualifications
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible, professional work experience within the Information Technology field, with one (1) year of experience as an ITS2 (Junior Level IT Specialist) or equivalent. Professional work experience must include:
- Analyzing, designing, coding and implementing applications using .NET and C#.
- Creating reports using SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 (or later versions). ** Please review the class specifications for an ITS2 to determine if you have experience in an equivalent position: http://hr.ofm.wa.gov/compensation-job-classes/ClassifiedJobListing/Specifications/940
- A bachelor's degree including 9 semester or 15 quarter hours of computer science courses from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a foreign equivalent, which includes completion of course work in at least on application programming language.
- Three (3) years of experience in application development using .NET and C#.
- Three (3) years of report development using tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Three (3) years of ETL development using SQL Server Integration Services. **The above experience may be gained concurrently
- At least one of the following professional Level-2 certifications, as defined by the Department of Defense 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program such as Security +, GSEC, SCNP, or SSCP.
- Front-End Web Development Certification. Supplemental Information
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
- For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email Leticia Gomez-Esposito at firstname.lastname@example.org call us at (360) 725-8404. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10226
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,313.00 - $5,657.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA