Arvest Senior Compliance Analyst in Tulsa, Oklahoma
SUMMARY: As an experienced individual contributor, the Senior Compliance Analyst provides assistance to the manager by identifying and correcting discrepancies with regard to day-to-day functions. The incumbent assists with providing training to others in the department as well as evaluating workloads and priorities and assign available resources to meet deadlines. As an experienced team member, the incumbent ensures the timely identification, mitigation, resolution and reporting of existing, emerging and upstream regulatory risks and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to perform all duties of Compliance Analyst on an as needed basis.
- Work with stakeholders on all compliance related mandates and initiatives to ensure a cohesive, coordinated approach that ensures the organization is taking appropriate steps to achieving compliance.
- Analyze, research, and lead the resolution of potential compliance issues by reviewing exposure, remediation plans, and managing to full compliance with applicable rules or regulations.
- Conduct detailed analysis of identified compliance mandates/changes/concerns and lead or provide direction with the implementation of resolutions for production problems/questions.
- Provide subject matter expertise with regard to compliance topics for personnel across Arvest.
- Identify and escalate current and potential operational impacts to business unit managers and department management
- Document operational/procedural impacts and changes that need to be developed and implemented in support of overall compliance project completion.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree from accredited college or equivalent work experience in the financial services industry required.
- 4 years of experience working with compliance functions of financial institutions and/or working with regulatory agencies, including the CFPB, the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC or State agencies required. Recent banking experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division, or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The incumbent must be able to travel frequently by themselves within the US, including overnight, and via automobile and air.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Organization
As a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With over 315 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you.
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Senior Compliance Analyst
Location: 1515 S Utica Ave; OK, Tulsa
Grade: 16 SSMET
Accepting applications through: December 5, 2016
Details: Position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm with the ability to work additional hours as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: See Below
Category: Risk Management