CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Senior Accountant in Tucson, Arizona
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Biz Ops team in our Tucson, AZ location to provide customized short and long-term finance and accounting solutions. The senior accountant provides advanced accounting services including preparing financial statements, completing account reconciliations, supports month-end closing process, and drafting financial statements. This position offers a flexible schedule.
- Ability to independently identify problem areas early, research technical issues, and proactively resolve issues as an outsourced member of the clients’ accounting services team.
- Develop an understanding of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) in a specific industry.
- Complete non-complex and some complex account reconciliations and recording transactions. All facets of monthly quarterly, and annual adjusting and closing process.
- Prepare and independently review non-complex client financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and general ledger. Prepare and review financial and statistical reports, analyzing unusual items on financial reports and notifying accounting services team leaders when necessary.
- Able to prepare tax returns, prepare and review sales tax, payroll tax, and payroll reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages. Gain a thorough understanding of the financial operations of industry specific engagements (i.e. nonprofit, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
- 3+ years relative work experience as a staff accountant or equivalent.
- Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to occasionally travel to client sites
- Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
- Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others.
- Works cooperatively with others and values the different contributions people make.
- Focus efforts on managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations.
- Takes ownership of career development and begins mentoring others.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,000 people, 90 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1333
Title: Senior Accountant