Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona, I Rehabilitation Technician III - DTA - PT in Tucson, Arizona
As a condition of employment, all CCS employees are required to qualify for an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Under supervision of the Program Director, insures that the DTA program meets and exceeds DDD monitoring standards in all areas. Position is responsible for working with clients to support their choices and recreational and social desires. Needs of consumers many include communication skill building, daily living skills and behavioral intervention. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides training in personal grooming, hygiene, dressing, dining and toileting. (As appropriate for each client, and according to recommendations from each person’s interdisciplinary treatment team)
- Assists in developing and implementing individualized programs designed to increase communication skills
- Assists individuals in the program to develop friendships and participate cooperatively in a group setting
- Provides opportunities for individuals to access leisure time activities within the community (i.e. swimming, gardening, taking walks, etc.)
- Assures consumer choice in all activities
- Assists in training and planning activities related to laundry, home care and maintenance, and simple food preparation
- Provides training and activities in basic consumer skills (shopping, banking and money management)
- Meets with site supervisor and Program Director to determine individual needs and develop program plans
- Works in cooperation with other members of the interdisciplinary team to deliver quality care to each of our clients
- Is knowledgeable in DES/DDD licensing rules and insures compliance with rules.
- Orders cleaning supplies as requested
- Responsible for following established plans, (behavior treatment plans, nutritional plans, teaching plans) and providing necessary documentation
- Responsible for recreation funds, utilizing “client ledger sheets” to account for all expenses
- Responsible for operating within current budgetary limits
- Other duties as requested.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Suitable work experience may be considered as transferable skills in order to meet minimum requirements of the position, and will be considered by the Corporate Director of Human Resources.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency required.
- At least 6 months experience working with individuals who are deaf-blind.
- Two years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Some American Sign Language skills
- At least 18 years of age
- Obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card**and pass drug screening
- Valid Arizona Driver License, proof of insurance and Arizona Motor Vehicle Division 39 month Motor Vehicle Report
- AA/AS Degree in Education, Rehabilitation, or Psychology preferred.
- Additional years of directly related experience
- Proficiency in American Sign Language or experience with augmented communication
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Training in Article 9 and CIT I & II
Location: Community Outreach Program for the Deaf - Tucson
Status: Non Exempt – Part Time
Salary: $10.34 per hour
Open: Aug 31, 2016
Closing Date: Open Until Filled