Arete Associates Engineer 2, Optical Systems in Tucson, Arizona
Areté Associates, an employee-owned company, is a growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States. Our Tucson, Arizona office has an immediate opening for an Engineer 2, Optical Systems*. *This is an exempt supervisory full-time position.
The successful candidate: Will be part of our Core Mine-Countermeasure Manufacturing and Ocean Sensing Design and Production Team. Candidate will lead integration, testing, and validation of hardware and software products and is responsible for system field support to customers of existing and deployed systems.
Responsible leading system integration, testing and validation to ensure proper manufacturing of high sensitivity electro-optic systems.
Responsible for utilization of engineering and analysis tools to verify key areas of systems.
Troubleshoots problems that arise during manufacturing and after delivery.
Tests components of systems to verify system and subsystem requirements.
Prepares and presents technical briefings to internal and external customers.
Responsible for supervision of temporary aides.
- 2+ years of experience in optical engineering with a Bachelor’s Degree in Optical Engineering or 0+ years of experience with a Master’s degree in Optical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience with high- sensitivity electrical, mechanical, and electro-optic devices
- Advanced proficiency of engineering and optical modeling software (LabView, Matlab/IDL, Zemax)
- Must have experience with optical lab equipment such as detectors, oscilloscopes, lasers, fiber optics with ability to troubleshoot problems
- Demonstrated experience with hardware and software integration, prototype design/assembly/test, lab experimentation, and field test support
- Occasional travel to test sites and customer locations
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and work in a lab setting
- Must be able to work in a dark testing room
- Demonstrated knowledge of optical systems, imaging and electro-optic testing
Areté Associates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an Areté Associates Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Category: Optical Engineering
Employment Duration: Full Time