Indian Health Service Nurse Practitioner (Tsaile)-DHA-Open Continuous in Tsaile, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Tsaile, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 1/28/2016 (268 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (70 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-16-CH-1599377-ESEP/MP++; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
The Nurse Practitioner positions are located at the Indian Health Services, Division of Medical Staff, Tsaile, Arizona. The position works under the supervisor Medical Officer. Incumbent provides diagnostic, preventive, and therapeutic health services to patients and family members. Teaches patients and family members ways to maintain or improve their health status.
For more information, contact Recruiter at Heidi.Arnholm@ihs.gov or 928-380-6094.
- Provides direct, comprehensive nursing, preventive and therapeutic health services to individual, families, and groups;
- Assess the health status of individuals, managing the care of selected patients and provide treatment;
- Provides health teaching, counseling guidance to individuals/families in a plan of care;
- Identifies and manages both minor, acute, and chronic illnesses;
- Makes diagnoses and decisions concerning medical and nursing care need of patients.
- Not Required
- Incumbent will be required to sign a one year service agreement.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must meet educational requirements.
- Must meet nurse practitioner licensure requirements.
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
EDUCATION: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accredit agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. GS-09, 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree; GS-11, 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D degree of Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 grade level; GS-12, 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-11 grade level. LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have possess active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a Territory of the United States. Knowledge of and skills in current professional nursing practices are required in the particular field of nursing for the position being filled. The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment incentive may be authorized.
Government housing is available.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
*This position works on a regularly assigned, rotation, or call back basis to provide continuity of medical services during evenings, nights, holidays and weekends. *
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $57,093.00 to $99,361.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-09/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 427972500
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-CH-1599378-DHA