United States Steel Customer Quality Engineer Intern in Troy, Michigan
Customer Quality Engineer Intern
Auto req ID7635BR
State/ProvinceUS - MI
Work Location - CityTroy
Mid-LevelAutomotive Solutions - Cust Quality Eng & Operational Excellence
Company OverviewSteel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
Job DescriptionAutomotive Solutions – Customer Quality Engineering Internship
United States Steel Corporation has an opening for a student position in its Automotive Solutions Customer Quality Engineering organization in the Automotive Center located in Troy, Michigan.
This is an internship position that is scheduled to begin as early as January 1, 2017, but no later than June 1, 2017. Candidate must be willing to commit to work an average of 40 hrs/week during the summer, with an option to work a minimum of 16 hrs/week during non summer months.
The student will receive training in the following areas:
Understanding of the steel supplier and automotive supply chain
Analysis of customer complaint management
Problem solving analysis and the DMAIC process
Disposition and claims process
Quality communication internal and external to U. S. Steel
This entry-level training position provides the student with exposure to various aspects of U. S. Steel’s overall business, as well as interaction with multiple groups within the corporation providing a well-rounded basic knowledge of the product and process quality.
• Currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, quality or a closely related field
• Completion of sophomore year and be in good academic standing
• Ability and willingness to work the schedule outlined above
• Continuation of an acceptable grade point average while participating in the program
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Computer literacy to a working skills level - proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
• Ability to adapt to and master web-based supporting applications
Preferred SkillsWe are looking for motivated self-starters that can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful undergraduate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement. In addition, a successful intern will have:
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for your area of study
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• A willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
• Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
• The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Leadership and strong decision-making skills
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
Competency SummaryAs an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment OpportunityU. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply to job Save to cart View similar jobs