Macy's Connect @ Macy's Specialist, Part Time: Troy, MI, Macy’s Somerset Collection in Troy, Michigan
Job Overview: *
The Connect@ Macy’s Specialist is an exceptional sales associate whose primary function is to connect with clients and provide one-on-one service and demonstrates MAGIC selling throughout the store. This person creates an enhanced shopping experience and drives repeat sales by creating relationships, leveraging the My Client tool. S/he uses product knowledge tools, technology and superior selling skills to drive sales. The Connect@ Macy’s Specialist is an expert on the merchandise s/he sells and is highly knowledgeable and conversant in current trends and customer reviews. The Connect@ Macy’s Specialist is proficient in using mobile devices and leveraging digital content. S/he eagerly embraces new technologies and uses them to drive incremental sales. The Connect@ Macy’s Specialist reports directly to the VPSM and Connect@ Macy’s Lead; and proactively advocates for the customer. In addition, this person communicates customer opportunities to the store and district teams as needed.
Essential Functions: *
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Drives sales by consistently demonstrating exceptional MAGIC Selling skills, leveraging technology to optimize inventories across all channels; provides a relevant, seamless and fun one-to-one customer experience
- Develops repeat business using My Client to regularly communicate upcoming events, new merchandise receipts and product replenishment to generate incremental sales, whether the client is in the store or not
- Leverages product knowledge and digital resources (product descriptions, customer reviews, etc.) to increase sales by educating and assisting the customer and expanding merchandise options to enable the best choices
- Communicates regularly with District Merchant (DM) and Planners (DP) regarding stock needed to drive sales
- Collaborates with Sales Manager, DM, RDM and vendors for support on driving sales promotion and optimizing technology and product knowledge
- Utilizes My Customer feedback log to communicate assortment opportunities
- Serves as role model for peers and mentor for new hires on Product Knowledge, My Client and use of mobile devices to generate incremental sales
- Achieves performance goals; must be results-oriented
- Demonstrates a professional, “can do” attitude
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable
- Maintains high customer readiness standards: delivers a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment
- Ensures shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Performs other customer-facing, duties as necessary
- Demonstrates regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience: *
• High School degree or equivalent. • Minimum 1 year previous selling or retail experience required.
Communication Skills: *
• Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction and calculating percentages coupled with ability to use a calculator fluidly.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team. Must have good time management skills. Demonstrates ability to build relationships and convert customers into clients.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing a minimum of two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. May have to reach above eye level.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs .
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Job: Personal Shopping
Req ID: 71379774