Chrysler Logistics Specialist - Standards Job in Toledo, Ohio
The Logistics Specialist - Standards is responsible for managing new model and existing platform rack programs. The Logistics Standards Specialist will work with Corporate Material Handling Engineering (CHME) to ensure quality and delivery of racks/containers on a timely basis. Maintain existing fleet of racks along with all personnel industrial vehicle equipment including Hi-Lo's, Tuggers, System Guided Vehicles, and Automated Guided Vehicles. Manage container return system within the plant and eliminate cardboard. Partner with plant ergonomics and safety to establish standards which support World Class Manufacturing initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience implementing lean material flows
- Ability to perform dock and storage analysis and external logistics set up
- Ability to organize and communicate problem solving techniques into visual displays and presentations for all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in small teams with both management and hourly UAW workers
- Motivated self-starter
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Packaging Engineering or Business, a plus
- Familiar with World Class Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing and basic problem solving tools
- Able to implement Pull systems and Kanban throughout the plant
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to perform basic layout work in AutoCAD
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience or strong background in implementing Lean manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Proficient with use of databases
- Working knowledge of CAD and layout planning for material display line side and storage areas, a plus
FCA US is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Job Number: 1029032
Location: Toledo, OH
Date Posted: 8-11-2017