HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Language Path PRN in Thousand Oaks, California
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level III Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating.
In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community’s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
Provides direct patient care including evaluation, treatment and participation in discharge planning. This includes:
- Evaluate and diagnose the patient’s communication, cognitive-linguistic, and/or swallowing skills.
- Provide and evaluation report with details of the patient’s status.
- Provide evaluation upon discharge.
- Establish rehabilitative goals based on the patient’s evaluation.
- Develop and implement a treatment plan based on speech-language pathology knowledge and practices.
- Modify the treatment plan per patient’s response, discussion with physician and receipt of new physician orders.
- Participate in interdisciplinary patient care meetings.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Provide home programs.
- Provide patient/family education and training.
Maintain accurate treatment records including documentation of patient’s response and progress in therapy, reassessment and changes in treatment plan in a timely manner.
Current Speech-Language Pathology license in the State of California issued by the Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
Certification of Clinical Competence (C.C.C.) in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) card
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
New graduate accepted.
Title: Speech Language Path PRN
Location: California-Thousand Oaks-Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00048-7283