HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapy Coordinator / Pulmonary Rehab in Thornton, Colorado
This position reflects advanced experience and/or expertise respiratory therapy. The coordinator will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development, continuous quality improvement efforts and professional initiatives. This individual will assist the Department Director in their absence and assist with other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients. Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Treatment is provided in compliance with the Hospital, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals and Medicare guidelines and regulations. .
- Supports of the Hospital and department at all times, participate in the Respiratory Therapy Service and Hospital’s Performance Improvement efforts.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining and improving Respiratory Therapy, EKG, EEG and EMG knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and the ability to function independently and posses evaluation and decision making skills.
- Mentors and/or oversees the clinical practice of all department staff.
- Participation in professional initiatives and staff development.
Current Colorado State Respiratory License Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Current BLS Current ACLS Current PALS NRP preferred CPFT/RPFT preferred Membership in professional organization (AARC, CSRC, NBRC)
B. Education: Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Respiratory Therapy Program AS/AA required Bachelors or Master degree preferred
2-5 years clinical experience Previous supervisory experience required
Title: Respiratory Therapy Coordinator / Pulmonary Rehab
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-59029