HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Histotechnologist PRN in Thornton, Colorado
Histotechnologist Prn / / /Join an award winning team!/
Swedish Medical Center is an acute care hospital (368 beds) boasting a Level I Trauma Center located in Englewood, Colorado. Swedish is part of HealthONE and serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for neurotrauma. As the region’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, we are a recognized leader in the most advanced stroke care. Swedish offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty. We are an eight time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award and a TOP 100 Hospital recognized by Reuters. Swedish offers eight distinct centers of excellence: Bariatric Surgery Center, Cancer Care Center, Emergency Services, The Heart Center, Neurosciences, Orthopedic Services, Spine Program, Trauma Center, Women and Children’s Services.
Swedish Medical Center is located in in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 100 years. The staff at Swedish Medical Center care for over 200,000 patients annually with a team of 2000 dedicated employees, 500 volunteers and more than 1300 physicians. Our staff is at the heart of delivering on our promise of Swedish Memorable Care.
We are looking for a top-notch, experienced Histotech to join our staff. The Histotech is responsible for the following:
- Performs a variety of Technical Procedures in Histology.
- Able to perform department clerical duties with accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsible for the production of routine and special Histology Tests, Stains and slides.
- Responsible for producing high quality microscopic slides.
- Responsible for following all quality and regulatory standards in performing tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication between coworkers and management.
- Actively participates in staff meeting as scheduled.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Exercises good judgment in conflict resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining the necessary levels of confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
* ASCP certification or eligible preferred.
* AS or BS degree in related sciences preferred.
* High School diploma plus 2 year internship or on the job training sufficient to ensure the ability to perform all tasks required.
* Minimum of 2 years experience that demonstrates the knowledge and expertise necessary.
* Working knowledge of all Histology procedures-Embedding, Microtomy, Tissue Processing, Fixation, Decalcification, Routine and Special Staining, and Immunohistochemistry.
* Familiar with all equipment in the Histology Laboratiory.
* Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments or refers to appropriate sources for repairs.
* Good communication skills. *Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: * * Able to embed 75 blocks an hour.
* Able to cut 50 slides an hour.
* Able to perform H&E stain with consistent results.
* Able to perform all special stains and IHC procedures without unnecessary repeats.
* Able to cut and stain frozen section in 5 minutes.
* Able to perform all cytology slide preparation work.
* Able to order pathology specimens accurately and efficiently.
* Able to provide quick, accurate customer service.
* Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
* Able to adjust to changing workload.
Please pay special attention to the above requirements/qualifications. Qualified candidates only please apply now!
Title: Histotechnologist PRN
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-59568