CB&I Innovation Analyst in The Woodlands, Texas
Title: Innovation Analyst
Location: United States-Texas-The Woodlands
This position will be part of the newly created Innovation Group. The innovation function will partner and support the overall organization, business units, projects and functions to identify new ways to effect internal change by fostering divergent thinking within the context of the external and competitive environment. The position will support strategic thought and project efforts for a range of initiatives expected to generate efficiency gains, productivity improvements and, ultimately, develop new offerings and competitive differentiators for the organization.
The role represents an incredible opportunity to join a dynamic and motivated team with the capacity to effect change, gain exposure to cutting-edge trends and help chart the path forward for the entire organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision with orientation to detail and the drive to turn an idea into measurable results.
- Conduct primary/secondary research to support initiatives (e.g., market, competitive research)
- Reconcile internal and external trends to quickly assess opportunities for innovation
- Interface with cross‐functional teams during initiatives (e.g., process walkthroughs, ideation sessions)
- Elaborate business cases to assess risk/reward, cost/benefit analysis, ROI, IRR estimations
- Manage and track project deadlines and schedules
- Assist with the development of strategic documents including business plans and presentations
- Bachelor degree required (business, engineering, computer science); MBA desired
- 5 years in project management, business analysis and/or strategic planning
- Business and commercial acumen
- Good understanding of innovation /process improvement
- Strong knowledge of Engineering & Construction sector desired
- Strong awareness of current industrial trends (e.g., digitalization, IoT) desired
- Situational versatility to effectively engage with a diverse set of stakeholders (e.g., C-level to entry level, procurement to project controls)
- Advanced communication skills
- Comfortable performing in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive and highly visible environment
- Result-oriented mindset
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Marketing & Communication
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016, 2:54:24 PM
Requisition ID: 1618096