HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool - FT Nights $2,000 Sign-On in Terre Haute, Indiana
Registered Nurse RN Float Pool Full Time Nights - 7p-to 7:30a, 36 hrs per week with $2k Sign-On
Terre Haute Regional Hospitalh as Full Time Night Float Pool positions available. We have a supportive team environment, outstanding educational resources, competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, 401(k) retirement plan, and a generous paid time-off plan.
Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Regional Hospital is Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
We were recently named one of the nation’s top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission . Regional Hospital is an organization dedicated to its Mission, Values and Vision and is committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. We were recently awarded an “A” rating for Spring 2016 Hospital Safety Scores by The Leapfrog Group. Regional has added 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services as we work toward a Level II Trauma designation and we were voted the "The Best Place to Work" in Terre Haute for 2015.Terre Haute Regional Hospital looks forward to continuing to serve its friends and neighbors and growing with the community./We’re more than a hospital, we’re a family!/
Position summary: This position is designed to plan, assess, implement, and evaluate the ongoing delivery of care to assigned patients. Also performs nursing care in a holistic manner. Assists the management/charge nurse with responsibilities as needed.
* Sound mental and physical health. Neat, well groomed appearance.
* Personal qualities which contribute to good interpersonal relationships.
* Willingness to accept direction.
* Willingness to accept conditions of employment, as described in hospital policies and nursing standards.
* Dependable and good attendance.
* Ability to work and communicate with all employees.
* Performs and directs nursing procedures, prescribed treatments, based on knowledge of principles and practice of Registered Nurse.
* ACLS certified and maintains ACLS certification upon working in designated departments. ie, PACU, Surgery, Outpatient, Endoscopy, Radiology, Labor & Delivery, ER, ICU, Cath Lab, PCU, Special Diagnostics. (If not applicable, mark N/A.)
* In accordance with hospital policy, may insert I.V.’s, administer I.V. medications, and begin blood product transfusion.
* Observes and records patient reactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusion, and treatment.
* Evaluates patient’s signs and symptoms; records and reports results. Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
* Collaborates with physician regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment. Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and processes orders. Makes appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
* Receives and transcribes/checks physician’s orders in a timely manner.
* Provides and documents patient and family education as needed.
* Maintains a current, written plan of nursing care or critical pathways for assigned patients.
* May function as a leader of nursing personnel and is responsible for their performance.
* Assists in the interpretation of hospital policies to co-workers, patients, visitors and students.
* Notifies staffing coordinator/supervisor of all the changes in complexity of patient care and staffing needs.
* Communicates with supervisor regarding patient, staffing, and other issues.
* Assists patients with activities of daily living including but not limited to bathing, positioning, range of motion, elimination, and ambulating.
* Communicates clinical outcomes with patient and family.
* Participates actively and constructively in quality improvement activities.
* All education and training are completed within the required time frame, including annual BLS.
* Performs efficiently with CPCS. Maintains ongoing training and proficiency with CPCS.
* Coordinates admission through discharge plans with case manager, patient, and family.
* Actively participates in the orientation of new personnel.
* Attends unit meeting, in services, and other educational programs.
* Floats to other units as needed.
* Performs other functions as assigned to meet the needs of the department.
* Willingness to identify and/or assumes activities relative to the developmental needs of the unit and the nursing department
* Dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of the unit and Hospital
* Participates in QA activities as assigned by the Department Director
* Attend Code of Conduct training course annually
* Understands and satisfies the needs of the patient population appropriate to the age of the patient served (adults, geriatric, adolescent, pediatric, and parents of neonates) * Must Adhere to the Standards of Behavior for Terre Haute Regional Hospital as per the Customer Relations Policy
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with current or pending licensure by the Indiana State Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse. * Have a basic knowledge of JCAHO, CMS and ISBH standards, rules and regulations. * Have a basic knowledge of “performance improvements” concepts and unit activities. * Certification: BLS and RN must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital. * Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training completion within 1 year of hire and maintenance of certification.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool - FT Nights $2,000 Sign-On
Location: Indiana-Terre Haute-Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00097-4843