Northrop Grumman Senior Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Relief and Mine Action (HDM) Analyst in Tampa, Florida
Senior Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Relief and Mine Action (HDM) Analyst
Requisition ID: 17006781
Location(s): United States-Florida-Tampa
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A new world of opportunity exists at Northrop Grumman. Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Relief and Mine Action (HDM) Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located at the USCENTCOM Headquarters, MacDill AFB.
The most qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Technical Services group supporting USCENTCOM on a multi-million dollar program supporting the CCJ3 Directorate’s Interagency Action Group, HDM Branch, with a full range of strategic analysis, program management, planning and other technical support for the HDM program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Provide research, critical analysis, assessments, operational planning support, exercise support, and interagency coordination to support the USCENTCOM HDM Program.
Conduct research, coordination, and analysis to assist in the operational development, recommendations, and implementation of theater-level HDM plans as well as national level policy, supporting plans, directives, and supporting activities related to HDM.
Provide technical analysis, research and subject matter expertise in USCENTCOM staff procedures and authoring of executive level staff information papers, talking points and similar staff actions.
Provide research, analytical, and technical expertise to USCENTCOM in providing effective, integrated guidance and direction to Headquarters and Components; assessing progress in achieving goals and objectives necessary to link the HDM Program to Security Cooperation Programs and higher USCENTCOM missions .
Provide technical analysis and assessments for HDM programs and technologies with an emphasis on the Humanitarian Assistance to include the Excess Property Program, Humanitarian and Civic Assistance Program, and Humanitarian Mine Action program.
Provide technical analysis, research and subject matter expertise to the USCENTCOM HDM related summary report to the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict (OASD SO/LIC), the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA), and the Joint Staff.
Research the potential use of new technologies and methodologies for future HDM implementation.
1. Must possess an Undergraduate degree (BA/BS).
2. Must possess a minimum of 9 years of task related experience OR be a retired / reserve field grade officer with a Masters Degree related to the task.
3. Must possess experience in foreign humanitarian assistance, foreign disaster relief and/or mine action programs.
4. Must possess experience working as an action officer in a strategic Command staff organization.
5. Must have knowledge of military doctrine, planning and operational employment of forces - combat arms, combat support, and combat service support.
6. Must possess a broad understanding of joint military command and control, the joint planning process and mission analysis.
7. Must possess excellent communications and briefing skills.
8. Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include Microsoft Excel.
9. Must possess a current Top Secret (TS) clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years verifiable in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
10. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
1. Masters degree related to the position with at least 7 years of task related experience.
2. Thorough knowledge and understanding of Combatant Command staffs and staff processes and procedures.
3. Recent HDM or other related experience, preferably in theater.
4. Demonstrated exceptional staff skills including communication, cooperation, team work, interoperability, adaptability and flexibility.
5. Proven ability to translate complex ideas into clear, concise and understandable written documents and presentations that are readily digestible from senior leadership.
6. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include Microsoft Excel and the ability to utilize pivot tables and macros and build spreadsheet-based analytic tools.
7. Senior Level Service School equivalent and Joint Professional Military Education Phase II.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Senior Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Relief and Mine Action (HDM) Analyst
Requisition ID: 17006781