HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Behavioral Health in Tampa, Florida
Memorial Hospital of Tampa is a 183 bed facility located in the heart of South Tampa. South Tampa is considered by many Tampa residents to be the affluent and hip epicenter of Tampa. The neighborhoods of SoHo, Hyde Park, Bayshore, Davis Island, Palma Ceia, make up the South Tampa area. Memorial Hospital is comfortably located in this area of the city and boasts a friendly small community hospital feel backed by HCA career growth opportunities, generous salary and benefits and the resources needed to offer the best care to our patients by supporting our nursing staff. Memorial Hospital of Tampa has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa and the surrounding community for over 30 years. Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it’s no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
The Manager of Behavioral Health provides supervision, subject matter expertise and oversight of Social Work and Behavioral Health Staff. Performs assessments and provides counseling to patients and families for the treatment of emotional and psychosocial disorders.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Monitors and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of social services provided. Ensures patient evaluation and therapy is appropriate, patient specific and documented in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
* Provides leadership and is responsible for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for assigned departments on a shift by shift basis. Ensures department's standard of practice, policies and procedures meet legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
* Performs psychosocial and behavioral assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental concerns associated with patients' diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
* Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team, patients, and family members to develop an effective treatment plan.
* Performs individual and group therapy sessions, crisis intervention and other education and counseling in accordance with patients' individual treatment plans.
* Maintains knowledge of community resources and serves as a liaison in obtaining needed support.
* Maintains working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse. * Assist with screening, identification and management of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape, etc. Makes referrals as appropriate and serves as resource for the health care team. * Accurately documents the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
* Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience. * Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
MSW or Master’s degree in a human services related field (Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health or Counseling)
Minimum 2 years of experience in acute care facility. Advanced educational preparation or experience in area of clinical practice and/or management
Currently licensed in Florida as Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or Marriage & Family Counselor (LMFT)
Title: Manager of Behavioral Health
Location: Florida-Tampa-Memorial Hospital of Tampa
Requisition ID: 26537-3837