HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified OR Tech in Tampa, Florida
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Your Neighborhood. Your Hospital.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa, a member of HCA West Florida Division, has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years. The 183-bed acute care hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and provides 24-hour Emergency Care , Behavioral Healthcare , Cardiovascular Services , General Surgery and Imaging & Diagnostic Services . Other specialized services include an accredited Diagnostic Sleep Lab , Digestive Health , Digital Mammography , Health 4 Seniors , Interventional Radiology , Inpatient & Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation , Robotic Surgery , Ophthalmology , Orthopedics , Speech & Language Services , Weight Loss/Bariatric Surgery , Women’s Health , Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine .
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist (SPD) required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Title: Certified OR Tech
Location: Florida-Tampa-Memorial Hospital of Tampa
Requisition ID: 26537-3653