HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Paramedic, Full-time Mixed Shifts in Tallahassee, Florida
Paramedic positions now eligible for bonus differential for all hours worked
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
The Department is fully equipped to handle urgent and critical emergencies, including multiple trauma cases; cardiac, neurological and pediatric emergencies; orthopedic injuries; obstetrical and gynecological cases; and other emergencies.
Physicians in 20 specialties and subspecialties readily available, residents from throughout the region are assured access to comprehensive emergency healthcare 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Paramedic, under the direction of the Medical Director and Emergency Services Director, is responsible for implementing technical procedures and care on all Emergency Department patients safely and effectively. The quality of care and service given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and the department of nursing and will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, and their families. The Paramedic works responsibly with the RN and LPN in planning, and performing nursing care for patient(s) in accordance with the Florida State 10-D-66, physician’s orders, recognized nursing techniques, policies, procedures, established standards and administrative policies. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psycho-social status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * State of Florida Paramedic License * BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider * PALS certification * ACLS certification EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: * * One (1) year of experience preferred *SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: * Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders * Knowledge of body substance isolation * Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs * Basic computer skills An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Title: Paramedic, Full-time Mixed Shifts
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-7319