HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Director (Sign On and Relocation Bonus Available!!) in Tallahassee, Florida
Capital Regional Medical Center offers a warm and friendly team-oriented work environment with opportunity for advancement, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Capital Regional Medical Center is a member of the HCA family. HCA is the nations leading provider of quality healthcare and offers an endless range of employment and growth opportunity. With over 190 hospitals and other affiliated facilities in the US and Europe the potential for career advancement, option and flexibility is unmatched.
CRMC is locally managed by caring professionals just like you that share the values that matter most in today’s changing world of healthcare. Now is the time to make a choice. Make a choice for your future. Choose Capital Regional Medical Center.
The Director of Laboratory provides leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration and coordination of the Laboratory Services in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of Laboratory department’s daily activities, the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors of the Laboratory Services. Reviews performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
4 year Bachelors degree required
- Florida Laboratory Supervisor license required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
3-5 years experience in field preferred
3-5 years management experience required
Title: Laboratory Director (Sign On and Relocation Bonus Available!!)
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-6557