HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Controller-Capital Regional Medical Center-Tallahassee, FL in Tallahassee, Florida
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration and coordination of the Accounting Departments in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.
1. Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
2. Responsible for the planning and coordination of Accounting Departments activities, the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas.
3. Responsible for monthly CLOSE and MOR reports. All journal entries posted and reports completed.
4. Responsible for yearly, monthly, and daily report as requested by Administration.
5. Responsible for accurately completing the Medicare Cost Report.
6. Responsible for timely and accurately completing internal and external financial audits.
7. Responsible for completing ICQ, SOX, and other audits designated by the CFO.
8. Weekly submission of Projection and Surgery Comments
9. Run Business Objects reports administration.
10. Responsible for understand 3rd party reimbursement.
11. Timely and accurately submit monthly Post Close Guide Review.
12. Make sure Accounts Payable is processed correctly.
13. Make sure all general ledger accounts are reconciled monthly.
14. Responsible for accurately recording of capital assets.
15. Responsible for accurately and time recording of physician receivables.
16. Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
17. Provides direction to the staff and supervisors of the Accounting Departments. Reviews performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
18. Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
19. Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey.
20. Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility. 21. Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact. 22. Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines. 23. Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
24. Direct, reviews and analyzes progress and performance of contract services personnel. Makes recommendation on contract initiation, renewals and termination. 25. Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities. 26. Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: • BS or BBA in Accounting, Finance or related field required; Master's preferred
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: • CPA is preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: • 3-5 years experience in field preferred • 3-5 years management experience preferred • Healthcare experience preferred • Third party reimbursement knowledge preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: • Proven administrative ability for the direction, control and planning activities of a hospital based department. • Capable of analyzing and preparing complex records and reports. • Ability to remain calm, to think and act quickly and logically in a crisis situation. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Good mathematical skills. • Requires team player, positive, can-do winning attitude.
Title: Controller-Capital Regional Medical Center-Tallahassee, FL
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-7427