CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. Carrier Sales Representative (February 2017 start) in Syracuse, New York
Carrier Sales Representative (February 2017 start)
Office location for this position: 126 North Salina Street, 100 Clinton Square Bldg, Syracuse, NY 13202 USA
What's the opportunity?
If you want to make an impact on how consumer goods, products, and food travel around the world on a daily basis, the Carrier Sales Representative role is for you! As a Carrier Sales Representative, you will be developing, maintaining, and growing relationships between carriers and C.H. Robinson. You will utilize carrier analytics and other tools to guide negotiations and buying decisions. This role combines sales, account management, and operations management to meet the transportation needs of our customers. Through this fast-paced, high-energy role you'll make an impact on the global supply chain every day.
Our dynamic ACCELERATOR onboarding program will jumpstart your knowledge of C.H. Robinson and our industry, help you excel in our culture, and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The first two weeks of your career will begin at our global headquarters in Minneapolis, where you'll be immersed in an interactive and highly educational experience. You'll then focus on learning at your local office for six months with a mix of activities, including elements to make you confident and skilled as you perform your job. You'll come out of this experience ready to be a part of the success of C.H. Robinson. We want you to be more than a crucial element to our customers and carriers - we want you to be a high-performing member of our team.
What will you be doing?
- Develop carrier relationships in order to effectively support our customers
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Daily contact with carriers to determine availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and develop new carrier relationships
- Understand the technology platform and drive automation
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
Watch this video on how
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a growing Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Start here. Accelerate here.
C.H. Robinson is a recognized leader in third-party logistics. We work with a diverse mix of customers-from Fortune 500 companies to startups- to help get their products to consumers around the globe. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. You are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and forge your own career path.
Join a vibrant team of employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers every day at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran