Amazon.com Help Desk Support Engineer in Sydney, Australia
Global IT values diversity of thought and wants to grow through hiring people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences, allowing us to continue to innovate for complex problems. If you're interested in helping us shape our journey and being part of the team, then please apply to find out more
The Amazon's Global IT Helpdesk Support Team is a group of seasoned, customer-obsessed, and Digital Specialists providing quality technical support to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity. The successful IT Support Specialist will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Troubleshooting and resolving single customer issues with Windows, Mac, and Linux, Microsoft Office, Exchange, VPN, SharePoint, Mobile devices (including BlackBerry), and permissions.
· Provide first-contact, remote support for desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals and other computer related devices
· Ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation, tracking, and follow up of all incidents
· Troubleshoot and resolve system hardware and software problems
Participate in monitoring and maintenance of system key process improvements
· Have previously worked in a Helpdesk environment
· Have experience supporting the following areas –in this order of relevance starting with more relevant:
Account lockouts, VPN and networking, dispatching support, Outlook email and calendaring, Windows, laptop/desktop patch update, Linux basic command line use and Mac
· Ability to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests
· Provide examples of process improvement or waste elimination
· Leadership Principles in their work history and actions
· Strong Customer and communication skills
· Fluent verbal and written communication in English. This includes the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical end users.
· Well developed troubleshooting skills
· Self-motivated and directed
· Keen attention to detail
Experience with Remedy
Advanced Linux and/or Mac experience
Associate’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
Ideally you hold professional qualifications relating to Microsoft, Linux, and/or Cisco.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 462665