Macy's Senior .NET Developer in Suwanee, Georgia
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere Omni channel retailer. Macy’s technology hub, Macy’s Systems and Technology (MST) strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. MST is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
Senior .NET Developer function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business as well as supporting these systems while in production. 1. Positions in this function interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements and are responsible for designing, developing, testing, installing, and deploying the required software applications. Solutions utilize a variety of software technologies and may include new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation.
- Participates in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
- Leads or plays a leadership role in the technical design of new systems/applications for work type 1 and smaller type 2 projects, working from functional specifications. Directs junior staff in the coding and/or configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs.
- Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Monitors the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Provides technical support and leads the effective problem resolution for customer inquiries and to resolve production issues.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to more junior developers. Delegates tasks as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leads the development phase of work type 1 and small work type 2 projects, making work assignments and holding staff accountable.
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects.
Commits to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management.
- Skills Summary:
Demonstrates expert understanding of all application development processes including MST’s software development methodology, serving as a resource to others.
- Seen as an expert in the existing applications supporting the business area. Serves as a key resource to ensure the system is performing up to requirements.
- Possesses understanding of multiple systems/customer areas, gained through previous experience in different areas of Macy’s or MST, and leverages that knowledge to support current customer(s).
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
- Understands architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
- Provides technical leadership in their area of specialization.
- Understands changing business needs for the area(s) supported and the subsequent impact on applications.
- Understands key business drivers, business metrics, etc. for the area(s) supported and applies that insight to deliver systems that add value to the business.
- Possesses a broad understanding of key business issues, metrics, and drivers for success gained through exposure to multiple systems and/or customer areas of Macy’s.
- Advises customers / business analysts on discrete technology-related business problems, formulates options including assessing their relative merits and risks, and works with customers / business analysts to determine the best solution.
- Provides input into project estimates.
- Designs projects with broad implications, requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms. Develops plans that anticipate and proactively address roadblocks and obstacles.
- Conducts complete diagnosis of most business problems, factoring in a strong understanding of the technical architecture.
- Facilitates design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs, and offering and incorporating ideas.
- May manage the development phase of work type 1 and small work type 2 projects, or plays a key role on a larger project team.
- With minimal support, this position would analyze vendor proposals, evaluate build versus buy, and formulate significant components of a project plan.
- Conducts and provides work estimates.
- Manages any vendors necessary to complete the project.
Bachelor's Degree preferred and 8-10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical Skills Needed : *
5 Yrs Windows Server Administration and IIS Web Server Administration and Management of Web Farms and Clusters
- 5 Yrs Interface Application Development between multiple enterprise systems like Kronos, PeopleSoft, Cloud Systems
- 5 Yrs Cloud Computing Development and Web Deployment in Microsoft Azure
- 5 Yrs experience with oracle 10 or above
- 3 Yrs experience integrating enterprise systems using tools like TIBCO or Fusion
- 5 Yrs experience with MVC 4 or 5 framework
- 5 Yrs experience with ASP.NET
3 Yrs exposure to AngularJS SPA application development
Macy's Systems & Technology (MST) is the information technology division of Macy's Inc. Macy's Inc. is the nation's largest operator of department stores with over 700 department store locations in over 40 states. In addition, we operate major catalog and internet operations for Bloomingdale's and Macy's. Macy's Systems & Technology is headquartered in Johns Creek, a suburban setting northeast of Atlanta, Georgia.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, employee fitness center and a merchandise discount.
/ Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. /
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Suwanee
Req ID: SYS03337