BlackBerry Corporation Senior Hardware Program Manager in Sunrise, Florida
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
As a Senior Hardware Program Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating technical cross-functional teams throughout the design and development life cycle.
- Create and manage updates of the overall project schedules
- Generate status reports and present regular updates to senior leadership
- Drive Core Development Leads meetings, tracking progress and issues
- Facilitate project communication and issue resolution across executive and cross-functional teams
- Develop and manage prototype allocations for the overall project team across hardware, software, etc.
- Manage logistics of prototype builds (material readiness, BOM reviews, Test Software, etc.).
- Manage BOM structure, part numbers, ECN’s, and other
- Coordination of design and verification activities
- Working closely with external suppliers and partners as needed
- Defect management and tracking, driving for root cause and resolution of hardware defects
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related discipline
- 10+ years of hands on experience in hardware design and development project management
- Strong working knowledge of product development life cycle management, from concept to end of life
- Experience in schedule and technical risk management planning
- Prior exposure to quality management, ISO certification, requirements management, is advantageous, as is PMP certification and PMO experience
- Proven leadership, communication (written and verbal), presentation, organization and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a team oriented environment
- Hands-on expertise with project management tools including Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive tasks independently
- Proven ability to create, lead, and motivate high performing teams
Experience working in a cross functional team environment
Prior product development experience
Job Family Group Name: Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled