Labcyte, Inc. Purchasing Coordinator in Sunnyvale, California
Labcyte, a global biotechnology tools company of 175+ employees and growing, is looking for an experienced Purchasing Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to our Director of Materials, as our Purchasing Coordinator you will assist in many of our Purchasing/Supply Chain efforts including:
- Processes purchase requisitions and place purchase orders for both direct and indirect materials and services; perform the data entry into our ERP system (QAD) on these purchase reqs
- Identify and resolve potential purchasing problems; follows up to ensure timely and accurate product delivery.
- Correspond with suppliers for quotations; maintain contact with vendors regarding status of purchase orders.
- Maintain our ERP (QAD) and other necessary files and records of vendors, cost, purchase orders, and deliveries.
- Initiate the purchasing cycle for direct materials based upon MRP output.
- Processes non-conforming materials and follow up on corrective action.
- Monitor vendor performance to quality, cost, and delivery targets
- Processes G&A; and laboratory requisitions
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
- A minimum of three years’ experience assisting in a Purchasing or Supply Chain role
- Experience with Excel, and Word required
- Detail-oriented quick learner; able to prioritize tasks
- Team player and solid communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working within an ERP system, with QAD experience highly desirable
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA