HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager Food & Nutrition - Dietitian in Sun City Center, Florida
MUST BE A REGISTERED DIETITIAN * *(State of Florida)
POSITION SUMMARY: Ensures a high level of customer service and patient satisfaction of Food & Nutrition Services. Oversees retail services, including cafeteria, catering, quality improvement, sanitation, infection control and all hospital-related activities. In addition, coordinates all phases of nutritional care in support of and in compliance with performance improvement plans, JCAHO, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies. * Monitors staff operations to ensure safe, quality, efficient food handling and preparation of menus, complying with HACCP and other regulatory requirements and standards of practice. * Manages department or assigned units in collaborative fashion, working with dietitians and professional staff and supervising direct reports to assure menus and meals served conform to nutritional standards and department standards. * Monitors quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ and performance of equipment, instrumentation calibration, physical space, and training and education of staff. Utilizes company approved computer tools for scheduling, payroll editing and overtime control, as assigned. * Supports hospital initiatives in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals. * Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Bachelors degree in related field required.
- 3-5 years food service or related food service operations experience preferably in a healthcare environment to include food preparation, distribution, service, patient care and record maintenance. 2 years supervisory experience.
- Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the Florida Board of Dietetics and Nutrition; candidates eligible for licensure may be hired with the understanding that licensure will be achieved within 90 days of hire, but temporary licensure is preferred.
- Serve-Safe Certification or equivalent as approved by state of Florida required, or must become certified within 90 days of employment.
- Computer experience with all aspects of food service to include but not limited to patient care, ordering, inventory, finance, menus, scheduling and diet office processes preferred. Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, and ability to follow verbal instructions.
Title: Manager Food & Nutrition - Dietitian
Location: Florida-Sun City Center-South Bay Hospital - Sun City Center
Requisition ID: 00642-3029