Amazon.com Innovation and Design Engineer Intern in Sumner, Washington
Amazon has created some of the most game changing technologies in the world. From the introduction of innovative new products like the Kindle, to the development of new ways for customers to leverage Amazon’s vast infrastructure through Fulfillment by Amazon, and Amazon Web Services, we have consistently driven change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is now searching for a handful of innovative and solutions oriented engineers to be apart of our global initiative of developing and delivering next generation, world-class fulfillment and transportation systems. If the idea of bringing your engineering skill set to the next level excites you; if the thought of working with some of the smartest people you may ever meet gets your heart pumping; if the notion of using groundbreaking technologies to develop fulfillment and logistics systems in the multi-national juggernaut that is Amazon has your attention, then keep reading. If not, please stay out of our way as we change the world.
As an Innovation & Design Engineer, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design and development of physical fulfillment systems around the globe. A successful candidate will have a passion for creating high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
Come help us make history.
· Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions to complex material flow/transformation and human/machine efficiency problems throughout the global Amazon supply chain.
· Coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
· Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
· Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Female/Minority/Disability/Vet
· Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering (any discipline) with graduation date between December 2017 and August 2018,
· Ability to travel 40% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders.
· Advanced degree in Engineering (any discipline), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
· Experience working with the designs of complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
· Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
· Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
· Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
· Design-in-Safety experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 466300