Cosma International Tool & Die Repair in Sterling Heights, Michigan
Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. An operating group of Magna International, MPT Sterling Heights located in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a Tier-One automotive supplier that machines and assembles metal forming powertrain components.
2nd Shift Position
The Tool & Die Repair is responsible for troubleshooting and repairs to dies, in the press or on the bench.
- Troubleshoot and repair dies in the press and.r on the bench.
- Ability to follow directives from Leader/Manager.
- Schedule preventive maintenance/predictive maintenance.
- Monitor die apprenticeship training, (if applicable).
- Brainstorm improvements in tooling and in all plant processes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, submits improvement suggestions.
- Assist with die setting activities.
- Provide training to Press Operator I’s.
- Assist the organization in implementation of MAFACT, including lean, standardized work and continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to including TS16949, ISO14001 (EMS), and Employee Handbook.
- Perform all work in a safe and healthful manner as outline in MIOSHA regulations and MPTSH safety and policies.
- Support and participate in division and department improvement initiatives through Continuous Improvement Suggestion Program, and sharing of knowledge, ideas, and/or best practices with co-workers.
- Actively participate and comply with all division and department policies, procedures and work instructions as they relate to your job.
- Additional duties as assigned by Management/Supervisors.
Knowledge and Education
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Journeymen or equivalent years of experience in tooling.
- Experience in Metal Stamping, familiar with progressive, transfer, and line dies.
- Ability to operate all tool room equipment & machinery.
- Welding and CNC programming experience preferred.
- Knowledge of MIOSHA standards.
- Able to work independently.
- Proven in-press, trouble-shooting abilities.
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills. Able to communicate in English effectively.
- Ability to work with others in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to exercise initiative, common sense and ability to maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
- Experience with Autocad.
- Highly organized, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work extra hours when needed and different shifts.
- Excellent attendance and performance record
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Ability to obtain forklift and overhead crane permits. Previous experience required.
Skills and Competencies
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software, Autocad, internet software, manufacturing software, Microsoft Office, AS400.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes. While on the plant floor the employee is exposed to levels of vibration. The noise level in the production environment is usually moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand.alk, talk.isten and reach with hands & arms. The employee is occasionally required to; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. General good health to meet fast paced environment and sometimes high stress situations. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: Magna Powertrain Sterling Heights
City: Sterling Heights
Job Type: Regular