First Data Corporation Processing Specialist in Staten Island, New York
First Data’s Operations and Call Center functions are focused on providing the outstanding client service, support and experiences that are critical to our ongoing success. Our Operations owner-associates are responsible for the stability of our global network infrastructure by helping our financial institution clients with various aspects of transaction processing, including statement management, card production and ticket-issue resolution. Our Call Center owner-associates are often the first point of contact for our business clients, and they play an important role in driving client satisfaction. They are responsible for answering questions and resolving problems on a wide range of issues, including account activation inquiries, potential fraudulent activity and our full range of products and services.
Position Description Overview
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift tray of work that weigh up to 50lbs.
* Performs a variety of data entry, verification and related duties for processing of disputes, fraud, chargebacks, exceptions and/or other associated transactions . Monitors, verifies, and edits data during input process. May monitor systems to detect possible fraudulent behavior related to credit card useage and contact card holders to investigate possible fraud.
Scope of Job
Makes decisions within established guidelines regarding the different work cases and various transactions. Has access to confidential information.
Handles routine and non-routine tasks with standard procedures, referring most complex issues to higher levels. Works under moderate supervision.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
* High school diploma or equivalent experience. 0 to 2 years office experience required. Fraud, chargebacks and/or disputes experience preferred. Knowledge of banking & association rules and regulations. Ability to read, write, type, complete basic arithmetic, and multi task. Customer service and research skills required.
* Accuracy / Attention to Detail
* Technical Troubleshooting
* Internal Controls
* General Computer Competencies
First Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)