HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Endoscopy Lab Critical Care PRN - St. Petersburg General in St Petersburg, Florida
St. Petersburg General Hospital (SPGH) seeks an experienced EndoTech to join our Surgical Services team!
Our focus is not only patient satisfaction but STAFF satisfaction. The hospital ranked top work place three years in a row and is Chest Pain and Stroke accredited. We are located in the heart of Pinellas County and five minutes from the pristine Gulf of Mexico. The hospital is licensed for 215 beds and has served the community for over four decades. St. Petersburg is a growing city with exciting nightlife and plenty of outdoor activities to keep the whole family busy. SPGH strives to find the perfect life/work balance! We invite you to join our superior team and continue the very highest standard of care.
- Number of Staff: 70
- 6 Main Operating Rooms plus one cystoscopy room
- /3 Endoscopy Rooms (10-15 cases per day; Olympus Equipment-180 series scopes)/
- BCLS for Operating room and Same Day Surgery/Endoscopy staff and ALCS certifications required for all PACU and Endoscopy RNs
- 6 months experience in Endo required.
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide
Under the direction of the RN, the Endoscopy Technician works with Physicians, Anesthesiologists, RN's and other personnel member of the GI team to coordinate patient care activities in the Endoscopy department. * Notes and carries out physicians' and nurses' orders providing needed assistance in performing endoscopic procedures.. * Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization. . * Attends to the cleaning, sterilization and maintenance of endoscopes and related equipment. * Maintains work area in a neat orderly manner. * Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. Required job qualifications include: * High School Diploma or equivalent. * /Minimum of 6 months prior Endoscopy Technician experience required./ * Current Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) required through the American Heart Association. * Must live within a 30-minute drive time radius of the hospital for on-call requirements. * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Previous experience in a patient care setting preferred. * Previous experience as an endoscopy tech preferred. * Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Title: RN Endoscopy Lab Critical Care PRN - St. Petersburg General
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg
Requisition ID: 01387-4228