HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Market Patient Experience Educator - South Market in St Petersburg, Florida
South Market (Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Engelwood Community Hospital, Blake Medical Center) based out of Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Responsible for developing education programs and training tools that promote a patient-centered culture emphasizing outstanding service and compassion for a market of four hospitals in the HCA West Florida Division. Consults with hospital leaders, staff, and educators as a subject matter expert for patient experience reporting and data analysis.
_Performance Expectations:_ * Acts as the lead faculty for patient experience education at a West Florida Market Education Center. * Executes the strategies and evidence defined by the HCA Patient Experience Collaborative through hospital orientation, continuing education and competency assessment activities. * Acts as a coach and mentor for employee rounding and nurse leader rounding. * Consults with Division, Market and Hospital Educators to include patient experience concepts in all employee education and training programs. * Participates as market faculty for trauma informed care and de-escalation training. * Uses simulation to actively engage learners in demonstration and practice of desired behaviors. * Supports market hospital leaders in their efforts to improve the patient experience by making routine site visits, conducting “secret shopper” exercises, and providing targeted feedback. * Delivers Press Ganey patient experience data reports to the market hospital executive team and assists with data analysis at regular intervals. * Participates in market hospital patient experience meetings when requested.
_Education / Experience: _
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or business administration, organizational development, social sciences, clinical area (i.e. nursing), or education required.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in a healthcare, customer service, or training organization required. _Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: _
- Working knowledge of the healthcare environment and regulatory requirements regarding patient rights and patient experience
- Intermediate to advanced skill in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to analyze data, identify quality concerns, and develop and implement plans for improvement
- Previous experience with project management and process improvement
- Effective written, oral and electronic communicator
- Manages multiple priorities effectively _Degree of Supervision:_
- Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative setting _Work Environment / Conditions:_
- Standing 40% / Walking 30% / Sitting 30%
- Position requires work from a shared office, hospital locations, and remote locations.
- 40% Travel required within the assigned West Florida Division Market
Title: Market Patient Experience Educator - South Market
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-WCF Shared Services
Requisition ID: 01380-7727