HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Division Director of Quality Management in St Petersburg, Florida
HCA West Florida is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, physician practices, medical education and training programs and a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West Florida communities.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides direction to ensure the facilitation and utilization of diverse strategies and communication for quality and performance improvement in accordance with organizational, regulatory and accreditation body requirements.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the organizational wide direction and facilitation of performance assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the Quality/Performance Improvement program in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
* Utilizes, integrates, and interprets data to assist organization in its improvement efforts, and promote optimal patient outcomes. Works collaboratively with Senior Management to develop strategic quality initiatives.
* Leads organizational performance efforts for JCAHO, core quality measures, COP and regulatory and all other accrediting and regulatory agencies.
* Ensures compliance with JCAHO, and all legal, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements are met. * Continuously prioritizes organizational Quality/Performance Improvement management needs based upon assessment and reassessment of findings/data or populations served. * Acts as an active member of peer review committees; analyzes cases and outcome data and collaborates with physicians to promote and improve practice and optimal patient outcomes. * Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
* Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs. * Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, environmental and infection control standards. * Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or other related field.
Minimum of five years of experience in a healthcare environment. Previous system experience in accreditation, quality, or risk management required. Knowledge of State, Federal, and TJC regulations. Previous experience in a nursing and administration role preferred.
Current FL RN license
* * *Training: *
CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality), CHCQM (Diploma in American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians) required, CIC (Certification in Infection Control) preferred
Title: Division Director of Quality Management
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-WCF Shared Services
Requisition ID: 01380-7569