HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Operating Room Tech FT Days in St Petersburg, Florida
Under the supervision of the OR staff, the OR technician assists in the delivery of patient care during the interoperative phase according to the policies and procedures of the facility. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting sutures.
* Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares surgical specimen for laboratory analysis.
* Assists in the preparation of the operative site in anticipation of the surgical procedure.
* Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of all surgical instrumentation and scopes. Applies the principles of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain optimum patient care.
* Follows Universal Protocols, patient safety standards and performs any other duties or procedures, within scope of practice, incident to the surgical procedures as directed by the Circulating RN and in accordance with hospital policy and regulatory agencies.
* Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards. * Attends and participates in staff meetings, patient conferences and in-service presentations as appropriate. Completes annual competency training, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood-borne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
Qualifications: Graduate from approved Surgical Tech program
1 to 3 years’ experience
Current BLS (Basic Life Support)
CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or TS-C (Tech in Surgery-Certified) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Title: Certified Operating Room Tech FT Days
Location: Florida-St Petersburg-Palms of Pasadena Hospital
Requisition ID: 26536-1925