State of Minnesota Exec 2 in St. Paul, Minnesota
The Executive Assistant performs comprehensive and complex administrative work for the Chancellor’s Office and serves the Chancellor and Chief of Staff. The Executive Assistant is expected to coordinate communications and oversee the office management details for work and travel schedules for the Chancellor’s Office. The Executive Assistant must exercise a high level of confidentiality and possess exceptional organizational, time-management and collaboration skills.
Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications (work experience in chronological order, is most helpful).
- 5 years of executive assistant or office management experience supporting multiple senior executive level personnel in a fast moving environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc. sufficient to schedule, compose, modify, and save calendars, memos, letters, documents, reports, charts, graphs, presentations etc.
- English skills sufficient to speak, read, write, prepare, and edit materials using correct spelling, punctuations, grammar, and sentence construction
- Thorough understanding of office procedures
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment with other executive assistants
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, administration, English, communications, or other related fields
- 7 years of executive assistant experience supporting senior leaders in a fast moving environment
- Ability to research, develop, create, memos, letters, documents, charts/graphs, presentations, etc. as required.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State)Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
Why Work For Us
At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN. To learn more, please visit: Work at Minnesota State!
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously. Please visit State of MN benefits to learn more.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jessica White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/201-1845.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Job Title: Exec 2
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 15624
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 08/11/2017
Closing Date: 08/21/2017
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities System Office/Commissioner's Plan
Hiring Agency: MN St Colleges & Universities System Office/Commissioner's Plan
Division/Unit: Chancellor's Office
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: M- F
Travel Required: Yes - occasionally for meetings and conferences
Salary Range: $20.31 - $28.19/hourly; $42,407 - $58,860/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 217 - Confidential/Unrep
Job Class: Executive 2
Working Title: Executive Assistant