Macy's Seasonal Holiday Retail Cosmetics Cashier, Part Time: Macy's South County Center in St. Louis, Missouri
Create. Enhance. Engage. Amaze.
Our seasonal beauty sales team brings the magic of Macy’s to life for our customers – they’re on the front lines engaging, interacting, and delighting our customers with the enchanting world of beauty at the most magical time of the year.
As a retail cosmetics cashier, you’ll provide outstanding customer service as part of a focused, professional beauty team, working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, ringing up customer sales and making sure the cosmetics counters fulfill the exciting promise of a beautiful shopping experience.
Here’s what you’ll do as a Macy’s seasonal retail cosmetics cashier:
- Greet customers quickly and warmly as they enter the area – let them know you’re glad they’re there
- Provide outstanding customer service that’s sincere, enthusiastic, and professional
- Qualify customer needs, figure out what’s right for them, and help them get it through one of our shopping channels – either in store or online
- Sell cosmetics and related merchandise and recommend additional merchandise that complements customer selections
- Use point-of-sale and mobile point-of-sale systems to process customer purchases (don’t worry – we’ll train you!)
- Handle returns with courtesy, ease, and professionalism
- Ensure merchandise is organized, beautifully presented, and stored and stocked correctly
- Ensure counters and work areas are organized and free of hazards – and work safely yourself!
- Keep it moving – process new product receipts, damages, testers, and product returns to vendor and adhere to loss prevention procedures
- Alert Counter Manager or Cosmetics Sales Manager of issues with inventory or other problems
- Learn! Take part in product training classes and seminars to build your expertise
- Be at work and be there on time – your team is counting on you!
Everyone’s expected to present a professional, well-groomed appearance – and that’s especially important in beauty sales – so make sure you’re putting your best foot forward every day!
It takes a lot of time to create that magical shopping experience, so many of our associates arrive in the early morning hours while others stay later to set the stage for the next day.
You’ll have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a part time temporary basis, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and busy events like Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the day after Christmas.
Generous Employee Discount: *Bigger, Better, Faster, More!*
Just in time for holiday shopping, you’ll receive a generous employee discount of up to 20% on most purchases starting your first day – and that’s on top of other specials, coupons, promotions, and special offers – so your holiday dollars go farther, faster.
You don’t necessarily need retail experience or a degree, but you’ll need to be a self-starter with good time management skills, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. And a few other things:
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
- Basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and ability to use a calculator
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Enjoy meeting and working with customers
- Comfortable with technology, such as point of sale registers
- Have a love of learning
- No experience required, just a great attitude!
You’ll be on your feet a lot – this job involves a lot of moving and standing (at least two consecutive hours). You’ll need to be able to lift at least 30 pounds, and may occasionally need to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb ladders, and reach above eye level – it’s not cardio, but it’s a lot of movement! The job also involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Become a part of our Macy’s seasonal retail beauty team and start making magic –apply now!
Click here to see the complete Seasonal Retail Cosmetics Cashier job description
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Job: Cosmetics Sales
Req ID: 71678964