St. Mary's Good Samaritan Patient Account Follow-Up Representative in St. Louis, Missouri
Create an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by demonstrating an ability to work and communicate effectively and accurately with people of all ages. Assure accuracy for all billing office functions related to analyzing and managing financial information and reporting results. Demonstrate effective communication / interpersonal skills, both written and oral. Exercise good judgment and serve as a liaison between patients, physicians and all other participants of the health care team.
- Independently manages daily work to complete patient account follow-up activities, including referral to financial counseling and collections.
- Responsible for maintaining a low receivable by consistent follow-up on billed accounts to ensure timely payment.
- Ensure that all activities related to hospital self-pay account resolution functions meet department requirements, maximize timely revenue collection, and achieve leading practice performance levels.
- Monitors accounts receivable daily through account work lists; review and follow-up on account balances consistent with methodology of the department for all assigned accounts
- Informs the guarantor of available payment methods and sources of financial assistance. Negotiates payment arrangements with the guarantor in accordance with the collection policy.
- Processes proper adjustments according to policy and approval guidelines.
- Performs all follow-up functions needed to appropriately and accurately resolve outstanding patient accounts.
- Appropriately assesses situations from a variety of perspectives, considers various alternatives, and makes independent judgments, choosing the appropriate course of action.
- Daily focuses on attaining productivity standards, recommending new approaches for enhancing performance and productivity when appropriate.
- Follow established processes required to refer accounts to external collection agencies, or makes special arrangements for delinquent accounts.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of Governmental Rules and Regulations, utilizing this knowledge in decision making and work initiative, thus assuring compliance and avoiding regulatory violations that can result in monetary and/or civil penalties to the employee and/or SSM Healthcare.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skill set
- 3 years revenue cycle experience preferred
- Collection experience preferred
Organization: SSM Health - System Office
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health System Office - 1145 Corporate Lake
Job: Patient Financial Services
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: 16016729