HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medicare Billing Specialist Insurance Follow-up in St Louis, Missouri
The Insurance Follow-Up Representative is responsible for working with insurance companies and state agencies in resolving consumer account balances and working with consumers on behalf of our client as an extension of their business.
· Working knowledge of all aspects of insurance claim filing, requirements and regulations.
· Research account specifics to complete necessary follow-up actions.
· Place outbound calls to insurance companies, guarantors, patients, doctors’ offices and/or facilities and handle incoming calls as necessary in an attempt to resolve claims.
· Follow-up on accounts by contacting third-party payers via telephone/mail for payment status, according to schedule of disposition to be worked on given days.
· Research, identify and rectify any special circumstances affecting resolution of customer account.
· Update account in system with any action taken or additional information attained when verifying benefits.
· Escalate issues to Team Lead or Unit Manager as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge: Medical and insurance terminology (such as procedure codes, diagnoses, and patient liability), and full understanding of hospital/physician billing. Experience with Medicaid/Medicare preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Medical Billing/Follow-up for a facility, medical clinic, or doctor’s office and experience with Microsoft Office suite and standard office equipment (copier, fax machine) a must. Type 60 wpm and 12,000 kpm on 10-key adding machine.
Skills/Aptitude Demonstrated: Communication and problem solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly. Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
/ / / Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. /
Title: Medicare Billing Specialist Insurance Follow-up
Location: Missouri-St Louis-St Louis Shared Svcs (SLC SS) - RCPS
Requisition ID: 26585-123931