St. Mary's Good Samaritan Emergency Department Technician/ Secretary - St. Mary's - Part Time Days in St. Louis, Missouri
Supports the overall positive patient care experience by providing assistance to nursing staff and physicians in a collaborative environment.
- Contributes to overall quality and safe care for patients by answering patients’ calls for help, taking their vital signs, and monitoring their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration as measured by patient satisfaction, quality audits, direct observation.
- Creates a positive patient experience by assisting patients with their activities of daily living including assisting with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds as measured by patient satisfaction quality audits and direct observation.
- Contributes to quality care and safety by assisting and performing procedures such as performing dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Contributes to exceptional patient satisfaction by establishing a compassionate environment by timely responses to patients' needs, open communication and providing emotional, psychological.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Contributes to achievement of exceptional health care by functioning as a member of the team as measured by active participation in department initiatives, unit meetings, committees and special projects.
- High School or equivalent (GED).
- SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Meets one of the following: A)Certified Nursing Assistant, B) Proof of completion of UAP Training Program (that meets requirements of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services) within last 3 years, C) Documented experience as nurse assistant, EMT, or surgical tech in the past 3 years, D) Enrolled in nursing education program and is within 90 days of completing fundamentals of nursing course, E) Was nursing licensure candidate who failed state licensure in the past 3 years F) Has completed nursing program outside the U.S. and is awaiting licensure examination in this country.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with patients, staff and customers. Required Certification – BLS
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – St. Louis –
The 525-bed SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the Saint Louis University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis offers a wide variety of outpatient services, including cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, high-risk obstetrics and comprehensive women's breast health services. The hospital was recognized with the 2008 and 2010 Premier Award for Quality
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – St. Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: 16016657