CB&I Pipefitter Foreman in St. Charles, Louisiana
Title: Pipefitter Foreman
Location: United States-Louisiana-St. Charles
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, production and processing systems.
The role of a Foreman is to assist the General Foreman in providing leadership, direction and supervision of craft workers; to provide coordination in order that crafts work in a safe and productive manner. They evaluate, monitor and report on work progression, whilst ensuring that all works are conducted in compliance and in line with man-hour budget.
This person is to have a full working knowledge of their craft sector, to be aware of industry/legislative changes, safety protocols, relevant certifications (for personnel or equipment).
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping,
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions. May operate machinery to verify repair.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Plan and coordinate labor requirements.
- Evaluating performance against schedule.
- Closing out Punch list items as allocated.
- Advising General Foreman of any issues, impacts, risks or potential costs (financial or time).
- Maintaining and updating short range look ahead.
- Maintain and monitor company and project specific HSE plans, ensuring awareness and compliance is asserted.
- Monitors and reports on cost and man-hour budgets.
- NCCERor equivalent certification with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 12 months documented field experience at Journeyman 3 level in chosen craft discipline.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation.
- Experience in maintainingshort range look ahead plans.
- Experience in monitoring cost and man-hour budgets.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Basic understanding of IT systems, including: Email, MS Office (Excel), etc.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in adhering to, monitoring and implementing project HSE policies.
- Must supply own tools appropriate for basic tasks.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Pipefitter
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: May 19, 2017, 9:02:51 AM
Requisition ID: 1705307