General Motors Quality Shift Leader - 7 - QUA0003162 in Spring Hill, Tennessee
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Quality Shift Leader – 7th Level
Hiring for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. This job will require working on various shifts, overtime and some off-shift production support.
Manage medium to large size group of salaried employees engaged in supporting Quality Control activities for a large manufacturing area or site. Work is of a difficult nature; high degree of customer and supplier interface is required.
· Provides leadership in establishing a Quality culture and ensures the integrity of the Quality Management System
· Oversees Quality function for area assigned
· Champion departmental initiatives associated with Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost and Environmental
· Select, coach, and develop and evaluate salary employees
· Supervise salaried resources
· Advance key quality metrics for area
· Responsible for implementation and effectiveness of new quality initiatives
· Champion GMS and BIQ requirements
· Assists in forward planning of areas of responsibility
· Support production requirements including launch initiatives and customer contacts and visits
· Responsible to manage hourly manpower requirements for the department
· Complies with the terms of local and national UAW-GM Labor Agreements
· Champion compliance to all corporate process control plan requirements
- Ability to lead technical support functions
- Experience in maintaining and improving quality control initiatives
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to achieve personal and company goals
- Ability to build positive customer and supplier relationships
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Advanced knowledge in quality control concepts
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Knowledge of GMS Principles
- Red X, Six Sigma or equivalent technical problem solving training is desired, but not required.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.