General Motors Quality Group Leader - 6/7 - QUA0003165 in Spring Hill, Tennessee
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Quality Group Leader - 6/7
Hiring for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts. This job willrequire working various shifts, overtime, and some off-shift production support
The successful Quality Group Leader candidate will be employed at a high-volume, world-class automotive assembly complex and will be responsible to supervise and direct a medium group of hourly employees.The candidate ensures their teams adhere to all established quality standards and flawless execution of the GM Global Quality Manual.They will have responsibilities for team-based problem solving and developing cross-functional work groups to resolve quality defects. This team-based company expects Quality Group Leaders to lead the development and maintenance of manufacturing quality plans and to support the development of processes allowing the manufacturing complex to achieve all defined quality, schedule and cost requirements in a safe manner. This Quality work assignment scope includes, but not limited to, execution of in-line product inspection, completed vehicle inspection and all corporate torque requirements.
- Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives for ergonomics, health and safety and housekeeping.
- Maintain awareness of quality standards, communicate department quality goals and leverage resources to solve quality problems.
- Ensure product integrity by execution of standardized work of all direct reports.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with employees, union and management.
- Bring leadership skills that help develop teams.
- Strong problem solving skills (utilizing data).
- Implement/follow systems that prevent reoccurrence of known issues.
- Motivate, train and develop employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods.
- Influence their peers to accomplish plant goals.
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to implement and apply GMS principles to both operations and maintenance.
- Control costs and achieve productivity improvements.
- Leads Problem Solving for First Time Quality, Global audits and Top Warranty Items.
- Supports manufacturing in the development of inspection methods and standards for control of non-compliant material.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
- Provides analysis of current and potential waste and makes recommendations to mitigate costs and risk.
- Ensures the manufacturing site is compliant to all procedural and compliance requirements.
- Understand and consistently administer the National and Local Agreements between General Motors and the United Auto Workers Union.
- Utilize human resources in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provide input to payroll and perform other administrative tasks as required.
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Business or Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial) or equivalent discipline.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Corporate and divisional quality and reliability, standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to achieve personal and company goals.
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art quality inspection, quality engineering/assurance techniques, and general business operations.
- 1+ year of experience functioning in a quality/manufacturing setting.
- Prior experience functioning within a quality job assignment.
- Prior supervisory in an automotive setting.
- Red X, Six Sigma or equivalent technical problem solving training is desired, but not required.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities toqualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of anindividual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability,sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally,General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employerand offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals withdisabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job searchor application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com .In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation youare requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the positionfor which you are applying.