General Motors Quality Engineer - QUA0003164 in Spring Hill, Tennessee
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Hiring for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts. This job willrequire working various shifts, overtime, and some off-shift production support
Responsible for problem solving and resolution of both voice of the process and voice of the customer driven issues, in regards to vehicle issues. Develop timely solutions that minimize overall cost and time to implement while maximizing effectiveness using a considerable amount of creativity and initiative. Responsibilities include:
- Diamond 4 through 7 Problem Solving for Interior issues through Root Cause and Immediate Corrective Action
- Lead resolution of Supplier Quality issues affecting the Assembly Plant
- Communicate Emerging Issues Summary for Responsible Components Daily to QEM
- Coordinate Repair, Rework and Containment Activities for Identified Spills
- Participate in High Risk Supplier Phone Calls
- Validate Supplier Scrap
- Creates PDF's and gains approval to PRTS' though the CPIT Process
- Viewed by other Resources Teams and Suppliers as Problem Solving Expert
- Support the PTR Process by running PTR’s and evaluating impact on the product / function
- Write PRR’s and initiates Controlled Shipping for suppliers that have progressed beyond the PRR system
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- High level knowledge of product engineering and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Knowledge of Corporate and divisional quality and reliability, standards, policies and procedures
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred or equivalent training.
- Red X Training and Certification is Preferred, but will train if needed
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities toqualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of anindividual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability,sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally,General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employerand offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals withdisabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your jobsearch or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com .In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation youare requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the positionfor which you are applying.