General Motors Process Engineer - Injection Molding (6/7) - MFE0003524 in Spring Hill, Tennessee
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Process Engineer - Injection Molding (6/7)
Hiring for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts. This job will require working various shifts, overtime, and some off-shift production support
Responsibilities of this position include:
Technical Support Activities such as:
· Process modifications and continuous improvement (TIP)
· Process Management (i.e. error proofing, programming, PFMEA, Process Control Plan, Gaging, Tooling)
· Production and Maintenance Guidance in Tool and Die area (technical troubleshooting and direction as it relates to the molding process)
· Planning Activities
· Launch Activities “New Program, Reallocations, and Factory Assist”
Basic Skills Required:
- 3+ years of related experience in an automotive and/or high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Familiarization with new die and/or mold build and design, tooling build, and fixtures.
- Familiarization with high volume assembly cell operations.
- Strong CAD Skills
- Experience in machining processes
- High level of analytical ability and creativity where problems are unusual and difficult
- Comfortable with technology tools (i.e. PCs, Microsoft Office, AutoCAD)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Strong work ethic (self-starter, self-motivated, follow through on assignments, results driven)
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization in a team environment
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required.
- Works with a high sense of urgency and speed
Basic Skills Preferred:
- Technical Engineering Degree, IET or Manufacturing, Journeyman Status
- Experience in automotive industry
- PPAP Documentation, PFMEA, Process Control Plan
- Equipment gaging and tooling plan/development
- Problem solving and resolution
- New equipment specification, install, debug and qualification
- College degree with a major in engineering preferred
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.