General Motors Group Leader - Maintenance - Body Shop, GA, Injection Mold - 6/7 - MAN0020907 in Spring Hill, Tennessee
Group Leader - Maintenance - Body Shop, General Assembly, Injection Mold - 6/7
Hiring for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts. This job will require working various shifts,overtime, and some off-shift production support
Assist in executing the business plan for the maintenance in the Body Shop, General Assembly, or Injection Molding areasof responsibility. Proactively pursue the vision established for the area and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation. Has supervisory responsibility for a medium to large group of employees involved in plant production and/or maintenance operations.Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of general practices and standards.The ability to deal with complex problems is desired.Some guidance from the supervisor is available to handle unusual situations.
- Maintain awareness of quality standards, communicate department quality goals and leverage resources to solve quality problems.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with employees, union and management.
- Understand and consistently administer the National and Local Agreements between General Motors and the United Auto Workers Union.
- Bring leadership skills that help develop teams.
Strong problem solving skills (utilizing data).
Implement/follow systems that prevent recurrence of known issues.
Promote safe work practices and achieve objectives for ergonomics, health and safety and housekeeping.
- Motivate, train and develop employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods.
- Influence your peers to accomplish plant goals.
- Utilize human resources in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Achieve production schedules and product requirements by applying lean manufacturing/synchronous principles with emphasis on variation reduction.
- Control costs and achieve productivity improvements.
- Provide input to payroll and perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to implement and applylean principles to both operations and maintenance.
- High level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and facilitate others in group situations. Proficiency in team building and ability to create an environment that allows for measured risk taking.
- Ability to effectively organize and plan.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- High level analytical ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of problems that are unique and diverse; Ability to exercise independent judgment is required.
- Knowledge of financial management concepts to improve costs.
- Experience in General Assembly, Injection Molding and or Body Shop
Education and Training:
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in a management/supervisor/leadership role.
- Associates Degree, 2-year Technical/Mechanical Certification/Diploma and/or Bachelors Degree.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.