Washington State Dual Language Office Assistant 2 (OA2 3224C) Spokane in Spokane, Washington
The closing date of this recruitment has been extended and is now open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 20, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Note: This is a non-permanent, part-time position that will work anywhere from 20-39 hours per week depending on workload during non-peak months (February through September). This position may work up to 40 hours (and possible overtime) depending on workload during peak months (October through January). This non-permanent position is expected to last up to, but will not exceed, one year.
The Spokane Claims Center is recruiting for an Office Assistant 2 (OA2). This position performs a variety of routine clerical duties such as reviewing and processing documents and records, extracting and compiling records or data, and responding to routine inquiries concerning Unemployment Insurance (UI) claims processing. This position communicates and documents information in English and in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, Somali, Russian, or Mandarin Chinese.
- Maintain files and records; sort, file, copy, distribute and/or establish files, documents and materials; perform standard word processing functions.
- Use electronic files to enter and retrieve data.
- Coordinate transfer for storage and records maintenance.
- Provide customer services; answer and respond to zero-out/main line phone calls.
- Respond to customer requests; respond to routine inquires relating to office/departmental services and procedures.
- Communicate effectively in person, via telephone, and in writing in English and in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, Somali, Russian, or Mandarin Chinese.
- Prepare documents and records for imaging.
- Index (enter), store, and retrieve documents and records data in database systems.
- Ensure quality, consistency and accuracy of documents and records processing; perform data entry modifications. Qualifications
- Awareness-level computer skills - use computer hardware and software to complete assignments.
- Awareness-level writing skills - convey information in writing according to the needs of the audience.
- Awareness-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Awareness-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, via telephone, and in writing in English and one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, Somali, Russian, or Mandarin Chinese.
Note: There is an additional five percent assignment pay for this position for required language skills.
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Part Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09273
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $12.17 - $15.66 Hourly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA