Cardinal Health Technician I, Nuclear Pharmacy in South Bend, Indiana
Cardinal Health, headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a Fortune 26 company with more than 36,000 employees worldwide. We deliver the pharmaceuticals that healthcare providers need to keep their patients healthy.
What does Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health?
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy
Click here to watch a short video about what a Nuclear Pharmacy Technician does at Cardinal Health
- 35 hours per week. Monday - Friday start time 2:30 a.m. This will include rotating weekends3:45 a.m. -7:45 a.m and rotating holidays. Candidate must be flexible based on business need.
Accountabilities in this role
Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Staff Pharmacist, you will be trained to draw, dispense, and package radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with the regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy.
Many of your duties will include:
- Prepare prescriptions by typing labels and obtain Staff Pharmacist approval
- Draw doses into either a syringe or vial
- Perform quality assurance tests on instruments and radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal, State, Company and manufacturer's guidelines
- Receive, document, and store incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines
- Maintain computer inventory and records to ensure proper utilization of materials and accounting for Rx drugs
- Assist and/or perform in the labeling of blood cell products
- Perform general laboratory and facility clean up
- May perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance of daily records, preparation of receipts, report preparation, and maintenance of billing records
- Make deliveries to accounts with company vehicles (typically 25% of the time)
- Speak with customers and address questions and/or concerns via telephone
- High school degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- Indiana State Pharmacy Technician license required
- Previous experience working as a Pharmacy Technician is highly preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Flexibility to work various shifts is preferred
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Comfortable working in a nuclear environment is required
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation required.
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation required
- Ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice required
- Past IV experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.