Swagelok Tool Cutter-Grinder3 in Solon, Ohio
The Tool Cutter Grinder Level 3 is able to perform more complex duties per standard work including process changeovers and troubleshooting with minimal guidance or help from a trainer or supervisor. They are able to recognize and solve some non-routine problems.
Independent Tool Grinders will setup and operate equipment used to generate intermediate level tool geometries
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates ability to make decisions based on the following skills: Knowledge of most tooling manufactured on this equipment; use of all inspection equipment needed for this tooling; ability to identify visual criteria and features for applicable tools;
use of necessary controls to change over the equipment.
• Demonstrates the ability to successfully complete the set-up within the targeted time on a consistent basis with little or no help from others. Changeovers reflect set-up procedures and produce good tools.
• Conforms to tolerances in the range of plus/minus .0001 and finish requirements in the range of 8 Rms or better.
• Assists other associates with basic set-ups.
• Can use the schedule to make work selection decisions.
• Utilizes various lean tools to offer ideas and solutions within the boundary team.
• Perform start-stop procedures including, but not limited to: machine and conveyor start-up, loading of raw material, and machine shutdown.
• Perform simple and advanced changes, adjustments, and set-up to tooling and fixtures.
• Complete records and forms.
• Recognize and report machine malfunctions and part discrepancies to supervisor.
• Perform daily, semi-annual and annual machine maintenance.
• Troubleshoot and correct problems for set-up, non-conformance, tooling and machining processes.
• Diagnose and respond to program alarms and make adjustments as required.
• Make suggestions for process changes that may improve machining operations.
• Maneuver around machine, includes but may not be limited to standing, bending, stretching and walking
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• 2-4 years of machining / grinding experience. Advanced knowledge about the products, processes and equipment is essential.
• Skills/Knowledge: Demonstrates proficient machining, communication, and troubleshooting knowledge. Operate CNC Machine that includes loading and unloading parts, inspection gages, comparator, micrometers, calipers, 6” rule, dial indicator, drills/reamers,
magnifier and lights, miscellaneous hand tools and chip strippers. Identifies and corrects machining problems relative to tools and tool holders, collets and chucks.
• Direct and assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner
• Independently display prioritization skills
• Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
• Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
• Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important
• Participate in Root Cause analysis effort for equipment reliability
• Participate in Shift Start up and departmental meetings
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Effectively coordinates resources to achieve ZCD
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.)
• Promotes own ideas and information with others
• Drill-down to root cause in all work order solutions
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies
• Receives input from others
• Support team goals and results
• Takes ownership of the actions and results of the team as a whole
• Coordinate and communicate in the absence of supervision
• Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides accurate and detailed documentation
• Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Lift, push, pull, or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however occasionally up to 50lbs lift, push, pull or carry. Must be capable of being on feet for up to 8-12 hours a day. Capability to squat, bend, and reach.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.