Swagelok Tool Cutter-Grinder2 in Solon, Ohio
Tool Grinder (Level 2)
At this level the associate has demonstrated the proficiency to do their job with only limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes. This would include recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running
by making appropriate adjustments to correct the problems. Tool Grinders will perform some setup activities and operate equipment used to generate basic tool geometries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates ability to effectively use tools introduced at Learner Level in order to complete adjustments needed in trainer’s absence.
• Makes sound decisions, on his/her own, to make adjustments when needed.
• Recognizes and complies with all applicable Swagelok procedures.
• Selects/installs simple fixturing or collets.
• Ability to dress simple grinding wheel shapes, typically flat with openly tolerance radii or no radii.
• Conforms to tolerances in the range of plus/minus .0005 and finish requirements in range of 32 Rms.
• Utilizes all gages and inspection equipment needed for these operations.
• Has knowledge of most types of tooling manufactured on this equipment.
• Recognizes abnormal machine operation.
• Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment.
• Qualified to perform In Process Inspection for others.
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Experience Required – External: Minimum of 12 months of applicable machining / grinding experience.
Internal: Be fully qualified as a Level 1 Tool Grinder, having a minimum 3-6 months experience as a Level 1 and meeting all of the skills/knowledge, performance, and competency requirements.
Click here to enter text.
• Assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner
• Independently display prioritization skills
• Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them
• Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
• Support improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics
• Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information
• Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words
• Willing to be flexible in their schedule
• Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
• Open to taking on new challenges
• Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs
• Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability
• Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important
• Participate in Shift Start up and departmental meetings
• Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
• Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.)
• Promotes own ideas and information with others
• Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required
• Receives input from others
• Supports team goals and results
• Takes ownership of the actions and results of the team as a whole
• Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision
• Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience
• Provides accurate and detailed documentation
• Provides feedback to Supervision
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Lift, push, pull, or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however occasionally up to 50lbs lift, push, pull or carry. Must be capable of being on feet for up to 8-12 hours a day. Capability to squat, bend, and reach.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.